SXSW Music 2014
Maximizing International Performance Royalties
The value of revenues from performance rights is increasing steadily, and shows no sign of declining. In the U.S., these rights are managed by SoundExchange, while overseas the options are more complex. What if your track is getting airplay in the UK or Europe, Australia, Japan or elsewhere? This session will introduce U.S. artists and indie labels to the process. Specialists in this area will give a very brief overview of what the rights are and how they work, and some starting points for how U.S. artists and indies can best manage these rights, both in the U.S. and internationally.
Share this idea
- 1. Do I as an artist or label have royalties overseas?
- How do I start collecting royalties for my airplay overseas?
- What are the legal challenges facing the U.S. for international collections?
- What are a few practical tips that can help maximize my international royalties?
- What are the technical challenges facing organizations collecting international collections?
Marie Knowles, VP, Communications, SoundExchange