SXSW Interactive 2014
Why Fanfic Is Taking Over the World
Fanfiction has become completely mainstream - in some sectors and to some creators. Whether that is a good thing for fans, for creators, for publishers, for tv networks or social media companies is a question that unfolds and changes every day.
Where do fanfic and fan-created projects come from, and where - in this world of tumblr, Kindle Worlds, commissions and tie-ins - is it going?
Share this idea
- What is fan creativity?
- What are the legal and ethical issues for creative fans?
- What are the legal and ethical issues for writers, filmmakers, artists and their teams when interacting with fans?
- What impact does commercialization of fan creativity have on the fan community?
- How are fan communities changing where content and connectivity control connections?
- Heidi Tandy, Lawyer, FAWC, Inc.
Heidi Tandy, Lawyer, FAWC, Inc.