The mobile app industry is a crowded and booming space. Forecasts show that 2013 will see 82 billion apps downloaded worldwide, raking in 20.4 billion USD (source: portioresearch.com).
Navigating through mobile app strategies can be challenging, especially when it comes to investing resources. A chicken and egg scenario often arises - what comes first: pouring funds into app development or into generating and keeping users? Both are critical. Often with limited funds to attract new users, developers seek to get the biggest bang for their buck.
Is social media a viable tool to drive mobile app installs? Attendees will leave armed with insight and best practices from Mobage, DeNA's mobile games platform; Supercell, maker of Clash of Clans with over $2 million in revenue per day; Sociality Squared, a social media marketing agency; Dolphin Browser, a mobile-only browser with 80M installs worldwide on when and how to use social media to drive mobile installs and engagement.
- What are the best practices around using social media to drive mobile app installs? When and how can developers use web landing pages to drive pre-registrations and mobile app installs?
- Word of mouth marketing, app stores and social are the largest drivers for app installs. What is the most efficient and effective way to allocate resources to get the most out of available marketing tools, ranging from social media marketing, email marketing and web strategies to drive installs and mobile app engagement?
- Facebook's mobile app install ads product allows developers to advertise iOS or Android apps in a user’s Facebook newsfeed using dynamic targeting. When a user clicks on the ad in the newsfeed they are taken directly to the Apple App Store or Google Play Store to have the chance to download the app. Should you consider using Facebook's mobile app install ads for your own app? What opportunities exist with Facebook advertising and targeting (i.e. region, interests and devices)?
- It can be challenging not only reaching users, but keeping them. 75 percent of apps lose their audience after three months, and 96 per cent after 12 months. How can social media marketing cultivate engaged users that come back to your app and who will actually drive revenue for your apps? Is there a correlation between social channels and app success?
- What metrics should you care about when it comes to acquiring app installs?
- helen todd, Co-founder & CEO, Sociality Squared
- Joe Wagner, Community, Supercell
- Edith Yeung, Corporate Strategy, Dolphin
- Rob Libbey, Manager of Web, DeNA/Mobage
helen todd, Co-founder & CEO, Sociality Squared
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.