SXSW Interactive 2014
Outdoor Education: How to Start a Green Tour
Exposing the audience to successful ideas and support to implement those ideas via a green tour. This talk will draw from my experience from founding and managing The Funky Chicken Coop Tour for the past 6 years in order to bring an idea to successful fruition. It will also demonstrate how a seed idea can grow and evolve into a platform involving broader idea exchange for producing food and supporting green living.
Share this idea
- What has my 6 year organization history provided as a platform for community support and success?
- How will individuals, community, and nonprofit organizations be able to apply the lessons from this session to their projects?
- What are some ways to structure a successful pilot project with a highly limited or $0 budget?
- How do you evaluate a potential cross-promotion partnership with an organization that has a different core mission from yours?
- After your launch, how do you ensure collaborative and synergistic future growth?
- Michelle Hernandez, Event Organizer, Urban Poultry Association of Texas, Inc.
Michelle Hernandez, Event Organizer, Urban Poultry Association of Texas, Inc.