SXSW Interactive 2014
A handful of issues (like the cost of one's final year of life) account for the majority of total healthcare spending in the US. Any serious attempts to reform healthcare must begin here.
Radical Healthcare attempts to catalyze interest in solving these mega-problems in modern healthcare. We've brought together world-experts in healthcare practice, technology and policy to share their wisdom and foment action.
Radical Healthcare has three goals: (1) identify the Mega-Problems; (2) provide tools for beginning to tackle them; and (3) connect participants with resources to help them succeed.
Our panelists have successfully used these techniques to combat end-of-life, Alzheimer's and diabetes, and they're excited to share their knowledge with you.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- What are the Mega-Problems in healthcare, the issues that have the potential to lower expenses by 15% or more in one single sweep while maintaining care standards?
- Why should you even care about these issues? What's at stake, and why is it worthwhile spending your time on such difficult and complex issues?
- Let's say you find a topic you find interesting; where do you start? How do you nurture passion in a subject, and how do you begin to turn that passion into action?
- Ok, you're too busy to go off and start a company -- what things can you do today, now, to begin to solve these Mega-Problems in healthcare?
- What tools are out there to help you begin to impact these issues? How can the people *in this room* begin to help you, and how can you help the people around you?
Jeff Engler, Co-founder, Podimetrics