SXSW Interactive 2014
The New Augmented Order: Gov & Augmented Reality
Imagine a future where border crossings occur safely within seconds; humans act as sensors during disaster and emergency response; and we travel freely through a secure airport environment. Augmented Realty technology helps make complex decisions faster and more effectively, transforming the way we live, work, and interact. How might AR transform the way we interact and engage with government agencies and design public services?
"The New Augmented Order" will paint a bold new vision for transformation of public service delivery through the lens of augmented reality.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- How is the US government currently leveraging Augmented Reality solutions outside of the Department of Defense, and where might the application of AR extend in the future?
- How might AR enable personal data persistence, and how would this change our relationship to the government?
- What are the barriers to scale for government deployment of AR-enabled capabilities (e.g. wayfinding, learning, data capture, collaboration, identification, contextualization, etc.)?
- What is the cost for government deployment of AR solutions, and what return would an agency receive? What operational efficiencies or cost effectiveness could be gained?
- What are the risks involved in increased application of Augmented Reality for public service delivery?
Christian Doolin, Senior Consultant, Deloitte Consulting