SXSW Interactive 2014
The Physical Journal in a Digital Age
Even in this world of instant digital sharing, we love to see, touch, and flip through a rich, textured, physical journal stuffed with drawings, collage, photographs, paintings, notes, and memories. When creating unique one-of-a-kind interactive objects like journals it has always been a challenge to digitally share them with a broad audience without loosing their fidelity and the kinesthetic appeal.
In this two and a half hour long workshop, you will learn how to apply arts and crafts techniques such as sketching, watercoloring, collage, and photography to journaling. You will also learn techniques to both integrate digital media into journals as well as how to share those journals in digital mediums.
Much of the craft of journaling is learned by stealing others ideas and making them your own: come to this session if you want inspiration and new ideas to add to your journaling bag of tricks.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- What are some techniques to digitally share my journals?
- How can I integrate digital media into my journals?
- What should l look for when choosing a journal?
- What are some techniques that I can use to create rich journals?
- Can I replace my journals with something like an iPad, Surface, or Galaxy Note?
Michael Scherotter, Media Experience Evangelist, Microsoft Corp.