The Elephants in the K-12 Classroom
Join us for a panel discussion as we debate threerof the toughest issues in K-12 education today and set the tone for on-going discussion and collaboration during SXSWedu:
• Technology, student data and privacy
• Common Core
• Is EdTech ecosystem good for K-12 education
Our panel of experts will discuss the important aspects of each issue, and address the major factors affecting them. Attendees will gain insight into the challenges facing K-12 education today, and understand these core issues from the lens of our panelists. Volunteers will be asked to work on teams to develop solutions to be shared with attendees online.
Tom VanderArk (CEO of GettingSmart), and Arthur VanderVeen (VP, Business Development for Compass Learning) will participate on the panel, as will a representative from the NEA, National Charter Schools, and media pundits.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- Is the EdTech ecosystem good for K-12 education?
- How do we protect student privacy and data while implementing technology in the K-12 classroom?
- What are the challenges and benefits associated with the Common Core?
Arthur VanderVeen, VP, Business Strategies, Compass Learning