SXSW Interactive 2014
Surviving as a Developer in a BYOD World
It’s enough to make a developer want to throw in the towel. The days of creating a specific application for a specific user on a specific device are gone. Today, people are accessing apps from multiple devices with the expectation that they will perform the same on each. Not to mention, their expectations are increasingly high. As developers, how do we manage this demand and keep the code bases contained from an architectural standpoint so that we don’t completely lose our minds? This talk will cover architectural patterns that can help with sharing code in multiple places, as well as how to take the best of all the buzzword processes (Agile, waterfall, TDD, etc.) and create one process that will help ensure success. We’ll talk about which technologies to follow and how you can expand your repertoire to be able to make good recommendations for technology solutions to get the best results on multiple platforms.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- How do I keep up with technological advancement without getting lost in churn?
- How do I decide what technologies to follow?
- My favorite toolset went out of style. What do I do now?
- How can I possibly support the cornucopia of devices I see?
- How do I keep my users happy without killing myself in the process?
- Shane Church, Technical Lead, EffectiveUI
Shane Church, Technical Lead, EffectiveUI