SXSW Interactive 2014
Content Everywhere: Preparing For Mobile & Beyond
Mobile often gets treated like a design-and-dev challenge, but it's much more than that. As we embrace responsive design, launch endless apps, and begin to consider all kinds of devices—from newfangled smartphones and tablets to weirder waters like Google Glass or connected cars—we have a huge problem on our hands: our content.
See, we've spent years designing our content for desktop display. We've built our CMSes, our workflows, and our skillsets around it. And now that world's come crashing down. We can't keep making pages and documents like we always did. And we can't build one-off content for every new device, either—we're already scrambling to keep up.
We need a new way to think about and plan for content—content that can go everywhere it needs to, while serving our users and our brand at the same time.
This eight hour long workshop will help you get started untangling your content's past and planning for its future—a future designed around flexibility, adaptation, and reuse.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- What challenges prevent our content from being mobile-ready?
- How can we turn existing assets into adaptive, flexible content?
- What skills do authors and editors need to keep up with mobile and other devices?
- Why should we worry about getting all our content onto mobile?
- How do our roles and organizations need to change to make this possible?
- Sara Wachter-Boettcher, Content Strategy Consultant, Independent
Sara Wachter-Boettcher, Content Strategy Consultant, Independent