SXSW Interactive 2014
Delivering Music Recommendations to Millions
At its heart, presenting personalized data and experiences for users is simple. But transferring, delivering and serving this data at high scale can become quite challenging.
In this session, we will speak about the scalability lessons we learned building Spotify's Discover system. This system generates terabytes of music recommendations that need to be delivered to tens of millions of users every day.
We will focus on the problems encountered when big data needs to be replicated across the globe to power interactive media applications, and share strategies for coping with data at this scale.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- How can big data be used to improve user experiences?
- What are the unique challenges with serving large amounts of data to a global user base?
- What technologies and strategies can be used to transfer huge data sets across open Internet links?
- What kinds of data storage technologies perform well for large-scale data sets?
- How can we ensure that applications remain interactive and responsive while serving data to millions of users per day?
Rohan Singh, Software Engineer, Spotify