SXSW Interactive 2014
Cause-Tech Startups: The Opportunity in Good
Unbeknownst to many in the tech industry, there are a number of accelerators, incubators and company programs focussed specifically on technology designed to improve the web, community and society in general. If you're interested in using your skills to help communities, you've got an idea for a social cause startup or you'd like to invest in something that drives change -- join Mozilla, Code for America and TBA.
Share this idea
- Which organizations and investors are dedicating capital against cause tech?
- What types of programs and themes are popular in these circles?
- Should I incorporate as an NGO or should I start a startup?
- How do I get support beyond an incubator or accelerator program?
- Can cause-based startups actually become profitable?
Dana Oshiro, Sr. Marketing Manager, Code for America