SXSW Interactive 2014
Hanging Out with NASA
Hanging Out on Google+ with NASA has allowed you to get a unique perspective on America's space agency. In this session, we'll explore how Google+ Hangouts on Air have embedded the taxpaying public into mission operations, breathtaking scientific discoveries, and agency events like never before. From Hangouts on Air with Astronauts on the International Space Station to preparations for flying a scientific aircraft through a hurricane, NASA's use of Google+ Hangouts on Air have brought out of the world experiences to large audiences. We'll take a look at the keys to our success and the challenges we faced along the way. So come, hangout with NASA!
Share this idea
- How can you cover your company's operational events in remote locations with a Hangout On Air?
- How can you produce a high-production value event on Google+ Hangouts?
- When hanging out with your subject matter experts, how do you gather questions from your audience for your experts to answer?
- What do Google+ Hangouts on Air offer you that are different from live broadcasting a stream online?
- How to replace a traditional news announcements with a Hangout on Air?
Jason Townsend, Deputy Social Media Manager, NASA