SXSW Interactive 2014
Putting the Web Back Into the Web
This panel will focus on multi-device, responsive web, web technologies that bridge the divide between apps and web such as device and system APIs, advanced web browsers on devices and techniques that put webapps on a level playing field with native apps. We will have people representing browsers and browser technologies as well as content and apps developers who have chosen to embrace Web technology to engage with users across devices.
Share this idea
- What's the state of the art of the mobile browsers and Web-based mobile OSs (e.g. Firefox OS, Tizen)?
- What kinds of apps and experiences can I build for the Web on mobile and why have some companies and organizations chosen this route?
- What technologies exist to bridge the gap between Web apps and "native" applications?
- What are the best practices and patterns / anti-patterns for mobile web application design and development?
- What tools and frameworks exist for developers and designers to build great webapps across devices?
Daniel Appelquist, Open Web Advocate, Telefónica Digital