SXSW Interactive 2013
Back to the Future: Why Old CSR Trends are Hot Now
Employee engagement is the latest hot trend in corporate social responsibility, as companies look for new ways to get the business benefits of a workforce engaged in social good. (By the way, did you know that businesses with engaged employees see 3.9 times the earnings per share?). But here’s the dirty little secret: This latest craze of involving employees in your company’s social good efforts is something smart companies have done for years – and technology continues to make it easier and more effective.
A great example of this is Discovery Communications, and here it will share its journey toward effective employee engagement. VolunteerMatch will explain how it uses technology to help companies get employees engaged in social good. Together these organizations will take you back to the future – looking at the history and present of employee engagement to see what the future could hold for your company.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- What is employee engagement?
- What are the business benefits of employee engagement?
- Why is employee engagement relevant to corporate social responsibility?
- What does effective employee engagement look like?
- How can technology solutions help make effective employee engagement easier to achieve?
Casey Brennan, Marketing & Insights Manager, VolunteerMatch