SXSW Interactive 2014
From Dream to Reality: Building a Wearable Concept
Beauty, periphery and meaning are three of the principles that will facilitate the adoption of wearable technology devices, according to wearable tech expert Jennifer Darmour. But how do you apply these principles in the process of creating a marketable wearable technology device and the services that accompany it? In her SxSW session, Jennifer will reveal how she applied these principles to the ideation, design and development process of one of her upcoming concepts. She will give attendees behind the scenes look at how she prioritizes principles and features, balances existing consumer needs with future scenarios, and reconciles design vision and business feasibility to create a delightful device and experience that can exist today yet anticipates the future.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- How do you apply high-level strategy to the development of a new wearable tech concept?
- What are the compromises that should not be made in a new field like wearable tech?
- What role do feasibility requirements play in the creative process and when is the right time to evaluate them?
- What are the new integration scenarios among hardware, software, data and services in the wearable tech space?
- What are the long term opportunities and visionary scenarios in the emerging wearable tech ecosystem?
- Jennifer Darmour, UX Design Director , Artefact
Emilia Palaveeva, Marketing Communications, Artefact