SXSW Interactive 2013
Video That Connects
No matter the product you’re launching or service you’re selling, it’s your goal to spark the interest of customers and inspire action. You need to connect with your audience, whether its buyers, recruits, internal teams or investors. What's the best way to do this? Storytelling through video.
While producing video has become commonplace, creating engaging pieces that move audiences in the right way and encourage interaction is a more complex process. You will learn the methods that the cinematographers at stillmotion and brand strategists at Carbone Smolan Agency use to create videos for businesses and organizations large and small. They’ll discuss how they shape these companies’ stories, establish their voices, and define their services and product offerings in a way that's genuine and emotionally engaging. They’ll give insight into how to clarify objectives, the process it takes to develop a meaningful story, and the tools to use that result in video that connects.
Share this idea
- When there is so much content out there, how do you create something that actually has meaning and impact?
- Why is video the right tool to help companies sell their services?
- How do you sell an idea in a way that’s engaging and not trite or jargon-y?
- How does video help foster interaction with customers, and why is it worth investing in?
- What makes video stand out from other verbal and visual communication tools?
Allie Strauss, PR/Marketing Coordinator, Carbone Smolan Agency