SXSW Interactive 2014
The Disruption and Evolution of Media Consumption
Media Mayhem! Advancements in consumer technology have led to shifts in how people interact with information, think about computing, and consume content. This cultural evolution is widespread due to the ubiquity of connected devices and the ongoing push to make broadband as widespread as possible. Disruption is afoot across industries including media and entertainment.
Join Dave as he presents some research and findings about how connected consumers are starting to think about content — and how the big industry players might best react to the change. It’s no secret that content is still king, but staying top-of-mind with your audience means re-thinking what "content" means and how content might need to evolve to keep pace with the expectations of the viewing audience.
Share this idea
- What is the evolution of the traditional network and how will a network be defined in 2 years?
- How are people consuming media and how will this continue to evolve over the next few years?
- What is the new business model for making money from media content as audiences consume media in ever changing ways?
- What tactics can studios take to reinvent content and meet the expectations of next generation consumers?
- Does the audience lead the creative or does the creative lead the audience? How do creators of content find that balance?
- Dave Meeker, Vice President, Roundarch Isobar
Dave Meeker, Vice President, Roundarch Isobar