SXSW Interactive 2014
What Happens When Health and Tech Meet Up?
For the first time in 50 years, the health care industry is facing a major disruption and is moving toward an at-risk/ACO model where opportunities are driven by transition. With the growing aging population and increase in chronic diseases in the U.S., health service providers are focusing on collaborated and coordinated care to create efficiencies, reduce readmissions, and ultimately, lower costs. Innovative medical technologies and big data will play a key role in the continuum of care, providing a real-time and holistic view of the patient’s health history to better inform decisions and help manage care. As health and technology continue to merge, investors have become more interested in funding digital health, giving startups a great opportunity for growth. In this panel session, some of the most prolific investors in digital health will discuss what excites them about the future of health care and why now is the time to reinvent the industry through innovation and collaboration
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- What specific business models are investors looking for, and how are they bulletproof in due diligence?
- Looking through the lens of IT as a health intervention, where are the pitfalls and hurdles for the uninitiated, and how can fresh perspective circumvent the usual challenges?
- What is the right mix (skillset and expertise) from a leadership and marketing perspective for startups looking to enter the digital health space?
- Are the digital/interactive tools out there now so much better that entrepreneurs can self-launch or get by on more modest funding?
- What excites investors about digital health?
Jennifer Davis, Senior Manager, WCG