SXSW Interactive 2014
Consumer Habits and the Enterprise: An Odd Couple
As modern day technology consumers, we thrive on new innovations which enable our lives to become more convenient, giving little thought to the implications of a potential data breach. Cloud storage being at the forefront of this trend, our personal photo’s, documents, travel details and more are stored without hesitation. Consumers willingly share personal information in exchange for free services as this exchange is so ubiquitous. While this may be true, when these habits bleed over into the enterprise world, and it is the enterprise data being shared, the concern over security becomes paramount. Just as BYOD (bring your own device) has crept into the enterprise, a new trend of BYOH (bring your own habit) has emerged, causing corporations to tune in on user’s consumer based habits. In this session, the evolution of such trends will be discussed as well as how technology can be used to add data security without compromising on usability, enabling the best of both worlds.
Share this idea
- What can enterprises do to harness the rise of employee use of cloud storage systems?
- What are the security risks of utilizing public cloud storage services?
- What security mechanisms can be put in place to keep my personal information safe?
- What is BYOH?
- What consumer cloud technology trends are on the rise?
- Asad Ali, Principal Engineer, Technology and Innovation , Gemalto
Nicole Smith, Marketing Communications Manager, Gemalto