SXSW Interactive 2014
The New World of Healthcare
A transformation is occurring in healthcare as we move from “Industrial Age Medicine” where professional care was the primary focus to “information age healthcare” where individual self-care will be the norm with professionals performing the role of facilitators, partners and authorities. On this panel we will explore what these trends are, how they affect the industry and the kind of innovations, systems and companies will emerge to make this a reality.
Share this idea
- What are the healthcare trends, challenges and opportunities as we move from industrial age to information age?
- What are the innovations, systems and companies needed in the information age?
- How will the healthcare systems need to adapt?
- How will the government and FDA need to change?
- How will the financing structures need to evolve to enable a new generation of companies to bring technologies and solutions faster to market?
Sandeep Kumar, Business Development, Tech Ranch Austin