SXSW Interactive 2014
Super Art Fight
Super Art Fight is a live action art competition where artists are pitted against each other on a huge wall of canvas, frantically sketching for the audience's love and affection. The event serves as a surreal mixture of live art, pro-wrestling style characters and storytelling and a dash of hilarious, improvised commentary, which makes for a show that is equal parts nerdy and ridiculous.
Each bout consists of two teams of artists with a starting topic, which they use to attack the canvas with artwork. As the match progresses they are given new topics on the fly via the WHEEL OF DEATH. While all this is happening, two MC's give play-by-play commentary of the event. At the end of the match, the audience chooses the winner of the match by their level of applause.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- Who would win in a fight between a robot and a squid monster?
- How can creatives choose to approach a problem in a new way?
- What exactly is a "Puppy Cow"?
- Is Baltimore really like "The Wire"?
- What exactly is a Super Art Fight?
- Ross Nover, Owner and Co-Host, Super Art Fight
Ross Nover, Owner and Co-Host, Super Art Fight