SXSW Interactive 2013
Why API? The Benefits and Drawbacks
Should your company offer an API? foursquare’s Platform Lead discusses the strategic benefits, drawbacks, and dangers of opening up your company’s content and features to external developers, with advice on how to get the most out of your efforts if you decide to take the plunge.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- What are the benefits of offering an open API?
- Should I charge for API access?
- What are the strategic risks of offering an API?
- What’s the best way to encourage developers to use my API?
- How do I get the most out of my developer community?
- Akshay Patil, Platform Lead, foursquare
Akshay Patil, Platform Lead, foursquare