SXSW Interactive 2014
Pitch for the Win: Advice for Startups
Whether you’re vying for a top spot at TechStars or trying to land an angel investor, communicating your idea effectively is critical to success--and it’s harder than ever for your story to stand out.
This session will bring together the unique perspectives of a seasoned venture capitalist (Greg Gottesman, managing director of Madrona Venture Group) and a tech entrepreneur (Adam Tratt, co-founder and CEO of Haiku Deck).
Greg has heard thousands of pitches; Adam has given them. Greg decides which startups get funding; Adam has cleared several funding milestones. Adam is a graduate of TechStars; Greg has served as a judge and a mentor. Adam has studied best practices in presentation design to build Haiku Deck, and Greg has seen it all--good, bad, and ugly--in conference rooms and competitions.
Both bring humor, passion, and a wealth of first-hand experience to the table. You’ll come away with practical tips and powerful inspiration to craft your winning pitch.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- What are the critical elements you need to have in place before you pitch?
- How do you stand out from the raft of startups pitching for money from angels and VCs?
- What are some common mistakes and pitfalls to avoid?
- How do you make a killer pitch deck?
- If your story isn’t resonating, how do you know what to change?
Erika Shaffer, Director, Madrona Venture Group