SXSW Film 2014
The Best Distribution Team Indie Money Can Buy
Sundance Film Festival hits “Upstream Color” and “Detropia,” two of the most unique and dynamic films from the past year, chose to creatively release their films without the help or aid of traditional distributors. Going directly to fans across Theatrical and Digital platforms, investigate how they budgeted and managed their release campaigns by exploring the independent tools and tactics they utilized – most importantly, the role of their Creative Teams.
Sundance Institute staffer Joseph Beyer moderates this panel with a surprise lineup of leading industry experts and filmmakers. The event will feature perspectives from filmmakers, marketing gurus, theatrical bookers, and film publicists.
Share this idea
- Who is crucial to the creative team - what do they offer and what services does a producer need?
- How do you prepare a distribution strategy with your team, what are the first and most important decisions you’ll need to make?
- How and where will you spend money? What are the true and hidden costs of creative distribution?
- How does an integrated digital release plan fit in?
- What do you need to know about pricing and windowing your film?
- Joseph Beyer, Director of Digital Initiatives , Sundance Institute
Joseph Beyer, Director of Digital Initiatives , Sundance Institute