SXSW Interactive 2014
Invisible Computing - Fusing Wearables & Big Data
We are creating massive amounts of information that far exceed any of our historical expectations, and the machines we use to access that information are becoming smaller and more integrated into our day-to-day experiences. This reality is the result of the collision of various technology movements — wearable computers, big data, mobility, and the internet of everything. User experiences are changing and our screens are starting to disappear as we move towards a world where information empowers us like never before through voice, speech, machine learning and other emerging technologies. It's time to break free from tethered computing and take digital experiences with us using our invisible computers!
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- Has the smart phone become the new pager? How will computers become more integrated and frictionless in our lives?
- Getting beyond the buzz term "big data" How do I design and develop solutions using big data in a way that is usable?
- Google Glass is just the beginning. How will wearable computers evolve over the next year?
- How will the power of location based information affect our interaction with wearable computers?
- How does the User Experience of a device affect its adoption into our day-to-day lives?
- Dave Meeker, Vice President, Isobar
Paul Buranosky, Marketing Manager, Roundarch Isobar