SXSW Interactive 2014
Going From a Terrible Idea to a Real Business
Seems like everyone has a "great idea" for their new business. But what happens when that idea doesn't exactly work out in the real world?
In this presentation, Erica Douglass and Parnell Springmeyer of funded startup MarketVibe will walk you through how they iterated through several ideas that looked good, but ended up being terrible--and how they finally found an idea that would get their startup sustainable traction and revenue.
By attending this session, you'll learn how to figure out whether you have a good idea or a bad one, how to quickly pivot once you realize your idea may not be great, and how to focus on ideas that actually work to build a successful startup.
Share this idea
- How do I find the right startup idea?
- I have too many ideas--how do I figure out what to focus on?
- How do I find customers that will pay me for my idea?
- How do I know when to "let go" of a bad idea--even if it has some traction?
- What are some ideas I should never, ever try for a startup?
Erica Douglass, CEO, MarketVibe