SXSW Interactive 2014
Redneckognizing Your Audience
This panel of Honey Boo Boo experts will discuss how Alana Thompson, the sometimes outrageous 7 year old and her family were discovered and went on to quickly become the on-air and online success they are today. Take a deeper look into how America fell in love with this real and surprisingly relatable family and how it translated into Internet gold for social media, marketing, mobile, commerce, programming and more.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- Identifying opportunities: An unexpected cheese ball eating star has emerged. How make ratings out of roadkill.
- Sustaining Buzz: From rural Georgia to Barbara Walter’s Most Fascinating People list. How to keep the Go Go Juice buzz going.
- Positioning: Haters gonna hate. How to strike a balance between polarizing content and feel good entertainment in a social media world.
- Speed: Everyone loves the gay pageant pig! How to quickly capitalize on this newfound fame.
- Engagement: Everyone’s talking about Mama June’s multi-meal recipes. How to join the conversation in a meaningful and authentic way.
Kristen Variola, Social Media Manager, TLC