SXSW Interactive 2014
Too Digital for Our Own Good: A Case for Analog
Experience eats digital for lunch. And sometimes even comes back for seconds. The pursuit of new and cool technology advancements has caused many of us lose sight as to what our job is — to create memorable and value-added experiences.
The choice of whether to go digital or analog should be driven by this question: Does it create the emotional experience we are looking for? This isn't an "either-or" question, it is a "both-and" strategy that forces us to dig deeper and ask tougher questions when it comes to which media we choose.
This talk explores the often overlooked questions and provides thought-provoking insights related to creating the experience your clients want and have paid for.
Share this idea
- Is digital always the answer?
- Why would I rely on something that has been replaced?
- Can digital and analog work together? Or are they mutually exclusive?
- What advantages can analog bring?
- What are some not-so-obvious examples?
- Oscar Llarena, User Experience Lead, McGarrah Jessee
Oscar Llarena, User Experience Lead, McGarrah Jessee