SXSW Interactive 2014
The Market For Crowdfunded Stock
There has been much discourse surrounding crowdfunding’s potential to assist fledgling businesses and open up the capital markets. But what about the investors who participate in the process? Unfortunately, this topic has been largely overlooked because of the more apparent – and more immediate – benefits of crowdfunding for the entrepreneur. Just as fascinating, however, are the security holders at the other end of the crowdfunding equation. Crowdfunded securities can be put to inventive uses that will undoubtedly evolve as the industry matures, functioning with unforeseen versatility and mobility. This panel was designed to explore these possible uses and the distinctiveness of crowdfunded securities as a potential new market and form of currency.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- Can crowdfunded securities become a liability?
- What are the rules about being able to resell crowdfunded securities?
- If you are not able to resell crowdfunded securities easily, why would you ever invest in them in the first place?
- Will there ever be a stock exchange for crowdfunded securities and what are the obstacles to developing it?
- What are some innovative approaches to using crowdfunded shares (ie: swapping shares for goods or services)?
Sang Lee, CEO, Return on Change