SXSW Interactive 2014
Fear No Marker: Tools to Create Your Visual Story
As humans, we're hardwired for visual communication, in fact more of our neurons are dedicated to vision than our other senses combined! This is just one reason why visual storytelling is affective for distributing ideas.
Join ImageThink (the artists behind OgilvyNOTES) to learn sketchnoteing techniques to use during SXSW and to apply immediately with your teams for enhanced creativity, focus and engagement. Take away’s include: sharing complex ideas more effectively via social, tools for better visual storytelling, and creating a custom SXSW icon library!
In this 4-hour hands-on workshop, ImageThink co-principals explore the importance of visual learning and teach the basics needed to express your ideas visually. Drawing not only from their experience as artists, but also as educators and process facilitors, they confront the misconceptions that one has to draw well to communicate visually, offering a new vision of how visual notes inspire creativity and guides decision making.
Share this idea
- How can visual storytelling help me to open my creativity, communicate clearly and get people to agree with me both in my relationships and in my organization?
- I’m not an artist, but it would be great to have a custom icon library to draw from when I’m sharing ideas on a napkin at the bar or at the front of the room in a presentation. What tools can I learn (and practice) at the conference to increase my confidence when I’m back at the whiteboard?
- We have a lot of great ideas, TOO many great ideas, how can I transform my brainstorming sessions into action plans?
- I want to show my organization what I learned, who I met and what I experienced at SXSW. How can I create one drawing that would communicate it all?
- I want to share all of the thought leaders’ big ideas but twitter only has 140 characters. How do summarize the complex ideas at SXSW succinctly and effectively into a single image?
Heather Willems, Principal Graphic Recorder, ImageThink