SXSW Interactive 2014
Beauty Gets Attention, Insights Get to the Heart
Women spend more than $63.1 billion annually pursuing beauty. And, advertisers spend $4.5 billion pursuing those women. Beauty is the third most profitable industry in America, with 11,000+ new beauty products launched each year. As trends began to shift several years ago and social media became main stream, Allure needed to better understand customers' wants and needs in order to increase ad sales. That's when Allure tapped Vision Critical to implement the Allure Beauty Enthusiasts insight community, inviting readers to join the exclusive group. These members are quick to interact with one another and weigh in. Today, the Allure Beauty Enthusiasts are engaging on ad campaigns, product trials and more. Since launching the community five years ago, Allure learned the following five things about why customer insights count and how to get the right info from these individuals: communication is key, close the loop, provide benefits, be proactive and promote.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- Why it's important in beauty to engage with your core audience for their insights.
- How media/ent brands, publishers specifically, can increase ad dollars by counting on their fans.
- Provide an example of a business that's leveraging a technology that helps connect with tens of thousands of fans for insights that help drive business decisions.
- Provide 5 tips on how to best engage with customers though a private community.
- Provide an overview on the value of a private online community.
Jenny Smelyanets, PR Manager, Vision Critical