SXSW Interactive 2014
Sex, Drugs and Google
We all know Google as the search engine behemoth that has changed how people interact with computers and the web as it sets the new rules and trends. The power of Google and controversy has been a hot topic among marketers for years and is still on going. Although there are set rules for search and how to successfully operate in line with Google, there are still gray areas, and areas that give rise to many questions. This panel will talk about products and practices that are legal, but that the search companies treat differently. What can one do when the law is OK with your business but the search engines are not?
Share this idea
- How are the search engines and internet access providers changing the face of, and putting limits on, what we can search for and find?
- Who ultimately decides what I can and can't search for online?
- How do search companies define these gray areas?
- How can I promote legal products and services that fall into these gray areas?
- What is the future of these gray areas of search?
- William Leake, CEO, Apogee Results
Michael Crider, VP Marketing, Apogee Results