SXSW Interactive 2014
Is it Possible to Change Someone's View Online?
We are witnessing a profound transformation in the way that people are able to learn about a dizzying variety of life experiences. Anonymous sites are transforming discourse in how people are able to learn - from the more nontraditional life experience to the more mundane. How is this disruptive shift affecting other forms of media and changing the way that people form their beliefs and opinions?
Share this idea
- How has the ability to ask questions anonymously changed the way you consume content?
- Do you find traditional Q&As (video, print) not as engaging as a result of more interactive online Q&As?
- How has reading about the experiences of others online & anonymously changed your perspectives on issues big or small?
- Do you think that empathy and open-mindedness is increased by the chance to read about a wide variety of life experiences?
- What do you see as the next evolution in terms of storytelling and sharing online?
Erik Martin, General Manager, reddit