SXSW Music 2014
It Takes Money To Make Money: Alternative Funding
Financing shouldn't be a dirty word. It's an integral part of the music business, and perhaps the most overwrought topic facing the industry as traditional models give way to 360, equity investments, crowdfunding, self-funding, and royalty advances. But in order to truly leverage these tools, its important to understand exactly what makes each of them different, unique, and advantageous.
In this panel we break down the nuances of a variety of new finance models, and discuss the ways in which labels, artists, songwriters, and publishers can take advantage of these models to grow their business at every level, from DIY to majors. We talk about the common pitfalls of each finance type, and highlight the advantages of working outside traditional funding.
If nothing else, you should walk away knowing that there's more than one way to skin this cat. Come join us.
Share this idea
- What are some of the new financing models being used in the music industry today?
- How do different financing models work to help labels, artists, songwriters, and publishers?
- What are the common pitfalls of music financing, and how does it apply to new models?
- How can artists and businesses leverage financing at every level, from DIY to majors?
- What is the future of music financing, and what new models will we see in the next ten years?
Mike Fabio, CMO, Lyric Financial