SXSW Interactive 2014
Four Tech Companies Changing the Face of Tech
The myth that there are no successful tech companies run by people of color is just that, a myth. Meet three successful tech-enabled companies that have raised over $20 million dollars in angel and seed funding, won praises from publications like TechCrunch and the Wall Street Journal, and are working in markets as diverse as Agricultural exchanges, Plus Size Fashion, and Software as a Service (SAS). And oh, the founders just happen to be black women.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- How were you able to avoid “patterns” in order to raise funding for your company?
- What are three to four lessons you’ve learned in building your company?
- What advice do you have for founders of color interested in reaching this same level of success?
- How did you find your niche?
- How did you communicate the value of your company to those who may be outside your market?
Ashley Scott, Marketing Associate, digitalundivided