SXSW Interactive 2014
Digitalundivided: From the “Valley” to the “Hood”
digitalundivided (DID) is a tech based social enterprise founded by black women, that is leading the charge to develop a model for tech entrepreneurship and education created by the community, for the community. 25% of the companies who participated in DID programs have received Angel/Venture funding and millions are reached each week via DID’s various social media activities (#DIDTECHTALK). In this panel we explore how digitalundivided is creating a sustainable tech pipeline that is focused on engaging diverse communities.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- Share three to four lessons learned on the path to creating diversity in tech?
- What is digitalundivided’s mission?
- How can others create an inclusive tech community?
- How do you harness the power of social media to develop a community?
- What is next for digitalundivided?
Ashley Scott, Marketing Associate, digitalundivided