SXSW Interactive 2014
'Live' in a Multiplatform World
Digital and social media have revolutionized how producers create and audiences experience content. From online-only executions to companion TV experiences spanning the web, mobile and social, the options are endless…but what do consumers want?
This panel featuring representatives from leading content and platform companies will step back to look at the evolving “TV” experience and how the limitless multiplatform options present opportunities and challenges for both producers and audiences.
Sharing first-hand case studies, our panelists will lift the covers off what it takes to conceptualize and produce “live” in a digital world, whether for the NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship or an epic, untethered walk on a high wire across the Grand Canyon, generating millions of streams and deep levels of engagement.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- Is live multiplatform a “must” in today’s world?
- What types of content are a good fit for live digital experiences?
- How do you evaluate ROI for live multiplatform executions?
- What are the biggest hurdles for linear TV and digital content producers when creating stand-alone and companion experiences?
- Are live, multiplatform destined to serve niche audiences only?
Amber Harris, Director, Digital Communications & Social Media, Discovery Communications