SXSW Interactive 2014
Mobile Business Apps in a Post-Briefcase World
Desktops are going out of style quicker than you can say “Spring Collection.” Mobile has changed our consumer lives, but completing serious business operations and opening new revenue streams? Real work is one frontier mobile has yet to conquer. Success in mobile isn’t about miniaturizing the desktop version and sacrificing utility for simplicity, but about taking advantage of new opportunities and demands unique to the mobile platform. So how can companies make mobile apps the workhorse for business productivity that the desktop once was?
Consider tibbr, an enterprise social network with over 50% of users logging into mobile before the desktop each day. Or Convercent, the only mobile-first solution in the compliance industry. Or Okta, a cloud-based, identity management solution providing secure access to apps on any device.
Hear these players discuss the opportunities and demands of mobile business apps so we can ditch the desktop and briefcase once and for all.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- What do users want from the next generation of mobile business apps?
- How do I maintain beautiful design and simplicity without sacrificing utility and functionality?
- What are examples of great mobile business apps and case studies that demonstrate their success?
- Which are the business areas that are still begging for innovation in mobile?
- What are the biggest barriers for mobile business apps, in terms of design, development and adoption?
Samantha Braman, Account Associate, LaunchSquad