SXSW Interactive 2013
The Future of Food: From App to Fork
A surge of innovative software applications have emerged to connect us with food like never before and provide solutions that simplify our lives. Join us as a panel of food-tech software entrepreneurs share stories about their attempts to positively disrupt consumer interactions with food.
Our panelists will look at personalized food recommendation systems to suit our taste buds, the digital kitchen platform that will shape our future cooking experiences, systems for tracking local food sources, nutrition software built around a person's individual needs, and the transformation of digital food content into grocery virtualization.
Learn what lies in the future of food connectivity as we open the floor to explore new opportunities, challenges, and pitfalls that affect all of us in the evolution of food apps.
Share this idea
- How are food apps changing traditional purchase paths for food?
- What key differences separate the food apps we have today from the ones we'll use in the future?
- Are food/tech startups and their apps serving niche users or will they fulfill large scale consumer demand for a better lifestyle?
- Have food apps been created that truly disrupt how we connect with food? If so, what are they? If not, where are they?
- What challenges exist in the food system that technology cannot solve?
Michael Fedyna, Founder & CEO, Engrocer