SXSW Interactive 2014
The Giant Has Awakened: Building Brands in Brazil
198 million people across 8.5 million miles, contributing to $2.5 trillion in GDP. Welcome to Brazil, “the country of the future.” Set to be the fifth largest economy in the world by 2017, Brazil is not only the heart of football, samba and sandy beaches but also multinational giants like Embraer, Petrobras and AB InBev. It is a burgeoning presence on the international scene: a cultural and economic powerhouse, rich in natural resources and home to a young, urban and increasingly affluent population.
There’s an opportunity, and now’s the time to seize it. With the World Cup imminent and the Olympics soon after, optimism in Brazil is riding high. The country’s rapidly emerging group of enthusiastic consumers is hungry for international brands like never before.
This session will explain how brands can succeed in Brazil, drawing on in-depth, on-the-ground research, rich market experience and conversations with local thought leaders. The giant has awakened. Don’t get left behind.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- What are Brazil’s unique structural and demographic characteristics, and how can brands best leverage them?
- What are the desires and motivations of Brazil’s emerging middle class?
- What do brands need to know about navigating Brazil’s complex, rapidly changing media landscape?
- How can multinational marketers successfully outmaneuver entrenched domestic brands?
- What are multinational marketers’ most common mistakes, and how can other newcomers avoid them?
- Will Palley, Trends Strategist, JWT
Will Palley, Trends Strategist, JWT