SXSW Interactive 2014
The Executioner's Tale
Ideas are cheap. Execution is everything.
Christina has spent her career attacking impossible tasks: at Yahoo, taking on the giant Google at search; at Linkedin, bringing people to participate daily at a site about resumes; at MySpace, reinventing the profile; at Zynga, building a social network for play. Some succeeded some did not. All had one thing in common: large groups of people all working toward a single goal. Lean can tell you what to build and Agile tells you how to build it--but neither tell you how to build it as a team.
How do you build consensus? How do you inspire outlandish dreams? How do you create accountability in teams? Christina will share her toolkit for clarity and commitment. She has been refining this process with the start-ups she advises and invests in, and now it's ready to ship. You know about mission statements, but what about OKRs? Predictive roadmaps? Do you have a cadence for celebration? Come to this talk, and learn how to ship as a crew.
Share this idea
- How do you pick a north star goal to inspire a team to go farther? Mission statements are generic and forgettable. Is there an alternative?
- How do you get your team to collaboratively set visionary goals with real metric driven ways to measure success? Objectives and Key Results (OKRS), when used correctly can transform a team.
- The roadmap is a laundry list of things someone might want to do someday. There has to be a better way, a roadmap process based on driving toward a direction, and being able to predict effectively what will work.
- What does an average day look like for a high performing team: From Monday focused planning to a friday of beers and wins?
- How do we attack a market whole-hardheartedly and then pivot when we need to without killing morale?
- Christina Wodtke, Chief Instigator, Wodtke Consulting
Christina Wodtke, Chief Instigator, Wodtke Consulting