SXSW Interactive 2013
Turning Tables: Hospitality Industry Social Media
Overwhelmed by the breadth of data on the internet surrounding each hospitality location? This presentation will help you learn you are not alone in dealing with the frustrations of managing social media for a hospitality location such as a restaurant or hotel. Join two social media specialists in the restaurant industry for a presentation and discussion on the in and outs of dealing with customer experiences online, keeping the consistence of the brand across multiple platforms, and managing relationships with multiple franchisees. Discussion will cover topics such as Yelp, Google+ Local, Foursquare, and Facebook. Leave with a better understanding of how to effectively use location based social media and how to efficiently manage multiple locations under the umbrella of the same brand without compromising the integrity of the brand.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- What is the most efficient and cost effective way to manage multiple locations across multiple platforms?
- What is the right level of control or interaction that franchise owners should have regarding the reviews posted on sites such as Yelp and Google?
- How can you integrate social and new media tools into your on-site hospitality experience in a fun and unique matter that repeatedly drives customers to your brick and mortar location(s)?
- Why are quick, honest, and transparent responses vital to the growth of the hospitality business in the age of social and new media?
- What are the steps to building a social media response plan that can be referred to on a regular basis and can ensure conformity across platforms and various locations?
Angelique Toscih, Consumer Engagement Specialist, Shakey's USA, Inc.