SXSW Interactive 2014
Funny Or Die's The Occasional: Comedy in a New Age
A discussion between the two creators of a comedy magazine regarding their experience creating a product for a medium that didn't exist yet.
How Funny or Die's The Occasional looked to the past (revered humor magazines such as National Lampoon and Spy), and updated the form for a new generation, upgrading it to take advantage of the technology we now have at our disposal.
We will discuss what we've learned along the way, as we experimented with the new platform, and how that affected us in our plan to expand the reach of tablet comedy.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- How Funny Or Die approaches a new product.
- Working within the newstand in the early days of the iPad.
- How to create new content for a new interactive platform.
- What types of content work best for readers. (i.e. interactive, infographics, articles, audio, video)
- Q&A on starting your own publication and what to look out for in the process.
Nate Maggio, Art Director, Funny or Die