SXSW Interactive 2014
Big Data & the Goldilocks Paradox
Big data is everywhere and confusion about it abounds everywhere too. Don’t have a handle on exactly what is big data much less how to harness it? No worries, you’re in the majority. This session will explore big data from the basic definition to the technologies today letting businesses make sense of it – all through practical, real-world examples. According to Digiday, “48% of the digital marketing executives surveyed said they focused ‘relentlessly’ on building customer insights, and yet, few are executing those strategies in meaningful ways.” There’s a mind-boggling amount of data being created every second, increasingly coming from social properties. By 2020, Gartner predicts data volumes will grow to 20X today. Social, of course, provides a vast wealth of data that is both personal and insightful and can tell you a lot about your brand—but even more about your consumers. Before this data becomes overwhelming for your organization, hear the top tips from social media experts.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- What exactly is Big Data – definition; structured vs. unstructured; etc.?
- How data is expected to grow and what part does the ongoing shift to mobile play?
- How do you harness and capture all that data in one aggregated view and format across all your traditional and digital touch points?
- How do you make sense of the data to derive real-time and actionable insights?
- How do you incorporate that data across the enterprise?
Amy Sorrells, Principal Product Manger, Oracle