SXSW Interactive 2014
How Crowdsourcing Is Saving Your Life
This panel will discuss ways in which crowdsourcing has been used to change the landscape of healthcare in the United States. Audience members will learn how the Affordable Care Act has opened the door for new health tech companies and just how big the opportunity is to provide technology solutions. New crowdsourcing companies are empowering patients to take their physical, emotional, and financial health into their own hands. The audience will hear stories of how existing crowdsourcing has saved lives and will get a first glimpse at a new startup that will revolutionize the way diabetics control their insulin. Panelists will also discuss how they are utilizing data compiled from crowds to shape their product offering and change the way we approach our health.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- Can crowdsourcing really SAVE lives?
- How does crowdsourcing/crowdfunding empower individuals to take control of their health?
- How is the data compiled by crowds being used to shape new technology and applications?
- What are individuals willing to share about their health online?
- What does Affordable Care Act (ACA) mean for patients and how is it creating opportunity for health tech companies?
Christopher DeNoia, Vice President Business Development, Amplify Health