SXSW Interactive 2014
A Mobile App to Revolutionize an Industry??
The power of apps is unquestionable given Apple and Google's commitment to their respective app stores as well as the incredible proliferation of mobile devices in such a short period of time. However, for many, apps are simply fun and games. Very few apps have been created to address an industry at large. Rather, they serve specific needs which, albeit useful, do not necessarily represent game changing ideas.
This need not be the case -- native apps present a significant opportunity to establish an ecosystem through which people can communicate and conduct business. As founder of a native app technology platform, theIRapp and theCOMMSapp, Jeff Corbin will provide insights on how mobile technology is affecting and at the same time revolutionizing an industry at large -- the communications industry.
This lecture will examine the paradigm shift underway; the opportunities and hazards that exist for businesses in the mobile revolution.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- What is the current landscape of apps: business-to-business; retail sales; games; sports; travel, etc? Can you explain the difference between native apps and HTML5?
- Why has business-to-business application development required more time to become commonplace while mobile usage overall continues to skyrocket?
- What has been your most successful strategy in approaching a conservative industry such as investor relations and proving to them the importance of having a mobile offering?
- What are the key differences between developing an app for public companies to communicate with their investors and an app for private companies to communicate with their consumers?
- What does the future hold in native apps for Fortune 500 companies?
- Jeff Corbin, Founder, theIRapp, LLC
Jeff Corbin, Founder, theIRapp, LLC