SXSW Interactive 2014
Tips & Tools for Protected Connection
This expert panel features seasoned digital security experts from IEEE/ISTO, ISOC, and the Tor Project. We’ll explore the practices, tools, networks and policies that are helping users more effectively protect their digital identities. We will discuss common notions of the words “privacy” and “identity” and the explore various interpretations that traverse concept, context and even social and personal politics. Whether you painstakingly work to keep your personal information offline, or “lay it all out there” on the digital plain, or hold concerns for your children online, we’ll provide an array of options for identity management. Participants will develop a more keen sense of their own definition of “private” and learn how to take a more active role in protecting personal data – for themselves, their community and future generations.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- Why should I care about digital identity privacy?
- What are the current active concepts around privacy and identity that should be important to me?
- Are there benefits to interconnected identity services?
- What serious identity privacy risks do interconnected services bring?
- How can I make better decisions about my data, sharing and digital identity?
Leigh Durst, CXO, Live Path, Strategist / Event Producer for IEEE