SXSW Interactive 2014
Drawing Out Understanding
As humans, we're hardwired for visual communication — in fact more of our neurons are dedicated to vision than our other four senses combined! Join Heather Willems and Nora Herting, artists and principals of ImageThink, to learn how doodling can help you improved your memory, creativity and make you a better communicator.
Can't draw a stick man? Don't worry. We will show you simple visual tools to communicate, solve problems, and present ideas faster. In addition, learn what world leaders were avid doodles, the brain science behind the grilled cheese Virgin Mary, and a international scandal spurred by a case of mistaken doodling!
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- Why doodlers remember more, and how you can retain more information by simply drawing.
- What is the brain science behind how and why doodling promotes creativity and problem solving?
- The science behind why human's are hard wired to see faces in everyday objects, and how this is good news for your stick man.
- What types of templates and tools will promote collaboration in teams.
- How to create emotions in 5 simple lines
Nora Herting, co-founder, ImageThink