SXSW Music 2014
Creating Connected Media Experience Packages
When Universal Music, Sony Music, and Warner Music group got together with technology companies like Dolby and Microsoft, they created a new open format for music distribution, Connected Media Experience or CME. This format, based on open web standards makes it possible for artists and labels to affordably deliver rich, interactive, connected, experiences that scale across platforms. In this session, you will learn about the new free-to-use format and how to create, distribute, and sell digital packages across devices. For app developers, you will also learn about what it would take to create CME players.
Creating CME packages instead of native apps will allow artists to create cross-platform experiences that behave like native apps on a variety of platforms.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- How do I create and test CME packages?
- What kinds of experiences are possible with CME packages?
- What devices and platforms can CME packages be played back on?
- How can I distribute and sell CME packages?
- How can I create a CME Player?
Michael Scherotter, Media Experience Evangelist, Microsoft Corp.